Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

How To Use Rawquery() Method To Insert A Record?

I need to store a record using rawQuery() method, because I want to insert the current date and time (datetime()), but I also need to insert strings that contain quotes. So I wrote

Solution 1:

SQLite doesn't have a native datetime data storage type. It can store a string or an integer representation of a date instead.

To convert your values you can use the date time functions detailed in Sqlite Date and Time functions documentation

Your initial attempt is almost correct, but your datetime() function call requires an argument of 'NOW'.

String sql="INSERT INTO sms VALUES ( null, ?, ?, ?, datetime('NOW'))";

Also you should call execSQL instead of rawQuery which is expecting to return a recordset.

dbw.execSQL(sql, newString[]{str1,str2,str3});

You can alo specify individual columns to insert data into by inserting a field list after the table name in your query if not inserting all the values

Stringsql="INSERT INTO sms(f1, f2, f3, f4)"
           + "VALUES ( null, ?, ?, ?, datetime('NOW'))";

Another option that may be possible is using a default timestamp in SQLite ,although I have not attempted this in android.

Solution 2:

I solved the problem with in this way:

String sql="INSERT INTO sms VALUES (null,?,?,?,datetime('NOW'))";
dbw.execSQL(sql,newObject[]{mitt,dest,text});

Finally I can store every char without problems!!!

Solution 3:

String sql="INSERT INTO sms VALUES ( null, '"+str1+"', '"+str2+"', '"+str3+"', datetime())";
dbw.rawQuery(sql, null);

Mark the single quotes.

Solution 4:

Try it like this:

ContentValues values;
values=new ContentValues();

// values.put("field_name",value);
values.put("id", 5); 
values.put("name", name);
dbw.insert("table_name", null, values);

Post a Comment for "How To Use Rawquery() Method To Insert A Record?"